WE ARE HIRING! HEAD CASHIER POSITION AVAILABLE
full-Time: availability must include peak times to include nights and weekends
The Head Cashier is a dynamic role that will develop functioning knowledge of the point of sale system. They will primarily manage the daily register settlements and online sales. In addition, the head cashier will take place of the greeter as needed to provide un-paralleled customer service to new and returning customers.
- Daily register settlements and research settlement discrepancies
- Process online sales for training class enrollment and online gift card sales. Compile mailer to send to customer.
- Assist daily point of sale transaction obstacles
- Liaison between inventory coordinator and bookkeeper
- Greet arriving and departing customers, if greeter is not on the floor
- Answer phone and direct calls to appropriate staff
- Answer customer questions and direct customers to appropriate staff, if cannot answer the inquiry
- Ring up non-firearm purchases
- Sell CSA Membership, training classes, personal instruction and NRA Memberships
- Enroll customers in training classes and personal instruction both onsite and over the phone
- File processed purchase orders and class enrollments
- Data entry
- Apply pricing labels and security tags to merchandise when needed
Formal Education & Certification
- Work requires communications, analytical and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- Basic banker/teller knowledge preferred*
- Firearms background not required
Skills & Abilities
- Strong math and computer skills, especially Microsoft Office Suite
- Problem solving and decision making
- Focus, diligence and attention to detail
- Multi-task in fast-paced environment
- Must take pride in work and be enthusiastic, punctual, reliable and driven
- Customer-service minded with a general enthusiasm for the services and products offered by CSA
- Professional appearance and demeanor
The required physical demands to perform the essential functions of this job include the ability to stand for long periods of time, walking, hearing, seeing, use of hands and arms and the use of legs to lift. Additionally, the employee must physically be able to hold, lift and operate all types of firearms. This individual must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee can expect to regularly work in an environment that provides for high levels of noise, dust and possible exposure to lead.