RANGE RENTAL ASSOCIATE / RANGE SAFETY OFFICER
Part-Time: availability must include peak times to include nights and weekends
This position is an important and dynamic role in a shooting range. This individual must be knowledgeable about firearms and firearm safety, be willing to firmly enforce the rules of the range, while maintaining a professional, positive demeanor with the customers at all times.
- Provide customer service while working the rental counter and use company POS effectively
- Help customers choose firearms to rent and suggest additional necessary supplies for an enjoyable shooting experience
- Clean firearms regularly to maintain safe, proper function, and firearm warranty
- Work as a Range Safety Officer and help to train other RSO’s
- Supervise, guide and educate shooters while on range; adhere and enforce to company standards, rules and policies while on range
- Play a critical role in preventing accidents while on range and on company property
- Responsibility to educate any and all range users on proper range safety practices and exhibit customer service and confidence when rules enforcement is necessary
- Protect range and range equipment from negligent shooters
- Assist new/inexperienced shooters on range. Provide comfort and competence to any new shooter.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the shooting ranges at all times
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Formal Education & Certification
- High School Degree or equivalency, some college preferred
- Firearms background preferred
Skills & Abilities
- Must be able to maintain attention for extended period time
- Must be comfortable standing up for prolonged periods of time
- Must be showered with clean clothes and frequently wash hands
- Multi-task in a faced-paced environment
- Possess common sense and an open mind
- Strong communication skills
- Good personal hygiene practices
- Safety conscious
The required physical demands to perform the essential functions of this job include the ability to stand for long periods of time, walking, hearing, seeing, use of hands and arms and the use of legs to lift. Additionally, the employee must physically be able to hold, lift and operate all types of firearms. This individual must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee can expect to regularly work in an environment that provides for high levels of noise, dust and possible exposure to lead.